Section 1 Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee will consist of the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary, Financial Officer and Chairpersons of the four Standing Subcommittees as described below. The Information Coordinator shall serve as a non-voting member of the Executive Committee. The duties of the Executive Committee shall be to coordinate activities of Standing and Ad Hoc Subcommittees.
Section 2 Standing Subcommittees.
The following Standing Subcommittees shall be established:
- Right-to-Know Information Subcommittee - This Subcommittee will consist of a Chairperson, the Information Coordinator, and other member(s) as needed and shall be responsible for formulating all policies and procedures concerning legally required local reporting by industrial organizations of hazardous materials information and dissemination of such information to the public, written follow up reports of chemical spills and releases, trade secret protection procedures; and all record keeping and information dissemination procedures for the LEPC.
- Public Education Subcommittee - This Subcommittee shall be responsible for public relations with affected communities and the public at large; all publicity of the LEPC; development of public education and information programs to ensure that hazardous chemical risks and appropriate personal emergency action are understood by the general public.
- Hazardous Materials Facilities Liaison Subcommittee - This Subcommittee shall be responsible for developing and maintaining current identification of hazard materials locations, risk evaluation, emergency spill and release reporting procedures, and ongoing communication with covered and affected facilities. This Subcommittee shall work with the Emergency Response and Resources Subcommittee (paragraph D. below) and with covered and affected facilities to ensure adequate preparation and to help local emergency response officials test a hazardous substance emergency response plan for the planning district as required by law.
- Emergency Response and Resources Subcommittee - This Subcommittee will work with the Hazardous Materials Facilities Liaison Subcommittee (paragraph C. above) and with local emergency response officials in the city and county to develop, and test, a hazardous substance emergency response plan for the planning district as required by law. This shall include provisions for warning the public of a hazardous materials emergency. This Subcommittee shall review existing federal, state and local plans for the purpose of coordination with the LEPC planning process.
- Finance Subcommittee. The Finance Subcommittee will be responsible for preparing and presenting a proposed annual operating budget and formulating a plan to finance.